Paul Garaudet's estate is opened from monday to friday, from 8 am to 12 am, and 1:30 pm to 6 pm. Saturday please make an appointment.

Please contact us before your visit.

Paul Garaudet Domain
Wine grower from father to son
Proprietor - Maker-Vintner
21190 Monthelie
Burgundy - France
phone. : 03 80 21 28 78
fax : 03 80 21 66 04
email :

Paul Garaudet's wine estatePaul Garaudet's blason

It’s in the heart of the Côte of Beaune, between Volnay and Meursault that the Paul Garaudet’s wine estate is to be found. A wine grower from father to son, Paul Garaudet is the 4th generation to cultivate the family estate. It expands to 10.5 hectares. 5.5 hectares of which are exclusively planted with “Pinot Noir” a red grape variety on the appellations of Pommard, Volnay, Monthelie and 5 hectares are exclusively planted with “Chardonnay” white grape variety on the appellations of Monthelie, Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet.
The family estate produces about 50 000 bottles a year.

85 percent of the production is exported in Europe as well as in the United States of America, Canada and Japan. The remaining 15 percent are for restaurants, hotels, cellar-men and private people.

The Paul Garaudet wine estate works in the sustainable viticulture from vine to cellar in order to protect the soil, the vine and the future generations.

Training of the vine

In the vineyard all qualitative works are made in order to give a small crop composed by small healthy grapes, sweet and rich in terroir aromas.

The harvesting is totally made by hand.

In the winery, the grapes are vinified with much care and in the pure burgundian tradition with about 20 days of vatting.

The maturing is made in French oak casks (1/3 of new cask) from 12 to 18 months for the white and red wines.

No chemical products are used in order to give great wines for ageing with good character.


The white wine-making

The chardonnay is harvested at the peak of maturity, once in the winery a soft pressuring is made, the must is finely racked then put in casks by gravity in the cellar.

After witch the alcoholic and malolactic fermentations could start. A stirring of the lees in a barrel is carried out every 15 days during 12 to 18 months according to the maturing, it helps the wine to feed it self on its fine lees.

The white wines are fined and lightly filtered in order to protect their purity and freshness.

The whites wines have richness, fragrance and are well-balanced, with a small note of acidity which characterize the great white wines for ageing (from 4 to 10 years).

The red wine-making

The pinot noir is harvested with a good maturity, it’s totally destemmed, then a cold maceration is made from 5 to 8 days.

The alcoholic fermentation occurs naturally with indigenous yeasts present on the coating of grape berries. This fermentation is slow and lasts between 20 to 25 days.

The wines are devatted and barrelled by gravity in the cellar. The malolactic fermentation is done naturally. The maturing on the fine lees in a barrel lasts from 12 to 18 months.
The red wines are not fined only a slight cooling help to clarify them.
This method helps to keep many fruits.

The red wines are fragrant, well-balanced, fine and for great ageing (from 5 to 15 years).

The Paul Garaudet wine estate produces authentic wines in the tradition of the great Burgundy wines. The wines are elaborated in the purest tradition in order to respect the fruit.

Our aim is to give you the emotions of our terroir in our bottles. Each “terroir” is unique and inimitable!

And because perfection doesn’t exist, the Paul Garaudet wine estate work relentlessly in order to improve his wines so as to satisfy you…

Appellations [top]

White wines

  • Bourgogne Chardonnay
  • Monthelie « Les Champs Fulliot »
  • Meursault « Vieilles Vignes »
  • Meursault « Le Limozin »
  • Puligny-Montrachet

Red wines

  • Bourgogne Pinot Noir
  • Monthelie
  • Monthelie « Cuvée Paul »
  • Monthelie 1er Cru « Le Clos Gauthey »
  • Monthelie 1er Cru « Le Meix Bataille »
  • Monthelie 1er Cru « Les Riottes »
  • Monthelie 1er Cru « Les Duresses »
  • Volnay
  • Volnay 1er Cru « Les Pitures »
  • Volnay 1er Cru « Les Roncerets »
  • Pommard